Our firm is growing and we are currently looking for a Senior Tax Manager looking for a career pathway to partner. We are interested in hiring an ambitious, savvy CPA with great energy, solid experience, an upbeat attitude, collaborative spirit, and out-of-the-box creative thinking that will add value to our firm.
Who we are……
Abbott, Stringham & Lynch (ASL) is a well-established Silicon Valley CPA firm consistently ranking within the Top 25 public accounting firms in the California Bay Area. ASL brings professionals, experience and connections to the table and offers full-service business advising, tax, audit and accounting and valuation services.
What do we offer you?
- Opportunity for growth - pathway to partnership
- Great benefits, compensation, attractive rewards, intriguing perks and fun team-building events
- Great culture driven by firm’s value of quality of life, exemplary character and superior quality of service
- Excellent team of experienced professionals valuing commitment, responsibility and professionalism
- Reasonable work hours and flexible schedule
- Individual attention to growth and career development for all of our employees both informally and formally through mentor program
Our tax professional essential duties and responsibilities include:
- In depth experience in accounting and taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to our clients.
- Extensive experience in Corporations, S-Corp., partnership and individual tax planning, consulting, reviewing complex tax returns.
- Assist with tax planning opportunities: identifying tax planning projects, providing tax research and analysis for clients, and keeping up-to-date on current tax practices and technical issues
- Demonstrate strong judgment, experience identifying and addressing client needs, decision-making abilities and maintaining and utilizing your network to properly service clients
- Develop curriculum and teach technical subjects in-house
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills
- Business development
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task, manage project workflow, budgets and billing in a fast-paced team environment
- Manage and mentor staff and seniors: encourage a collaborative team atmosphere. Mentoring staff includes providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Qualifications to become a Team Member
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
10 year minimum public accounting tax experience
Corporate, partnership, individual and fiduciary tax preparation and review experience
Advanced degree such as Masters in Taxation
Experience using Prosystem and Engagement software